Saturday, July 3, 2021
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
We are all passing through testing times of covid pandemic.
Not seen before,not heard before. And we are surround by information all the time,most of them negative.
We heard lots of things about what authorities should do, what other do all the time,complaints complaints all the time.
I know we had tough times,we have lost so many precious lives also including front line workers like drs and paramedics.
Every one of us is tired,burnout mentally.
We doctors are working all the time,no restriction on our movement ,still tired.
Senior citizens and kids are tired because they are confined to home,activities,social gathering are not advisable,schools and colleges are shut.
House wives are over worked,meeting expectations of all ,all the time....and no entertainment,break etc.
What to do ? 2nd wave is here,hearing discussion on 3rd wave ? do you think life is going to end ???
THE ANSWER IS BIG NO ....
Just sit back,detach yourself from the sources of information and think what you can do with best of your ability in current times.
You know the problem,you know your abilities...swung in to action.
Try to help each other by smallest thing that you can do.
If already infected with covid: share your experience with other who are just infected. Boost their morale, talk to them,motivate them. Give them tips for smooth recovery.
If already vaccinated : motivate other to get vaccinated.
If someone is having fever or suspicious symptoms ask him to self isolate and seek medical help immediately. Still we get patient who are sick more 4-5 days and do not take medical advice due to fear of covid and isolation etc.. Please encourage all such persons to seek medical help at the earliest to contain spread.
You see someone interacting with you without mask or not wearing properly,taught him/her right way.
Most importantly promote ring vaccination. Define your circle
- colleagues at office
- Domestic help
- vegetable vendors/grocery suppliers etc
That is the way to go forward in life.
We all know famous quote " tough times never last,tough people do"
Do what best you can do for yourself,your family and society at large with best of your capacities.
I am sure together we all fight and end this pandemic soon.
Keep supporting us. Thanks.
Friday, January 1, 2021
Personal Health Status: lessons learnt in 2020
This year of pandemic has changed the way one looks at his/her personal health. It is commonly observed that most of persons who were maintaining good health irrespective of having any existing disease have done well when contracted covid.
I do not have data to prove my point; it is just an observation of 9 months of pandemic and seeing patient’s recovery patterns. And even without pandemic this are useful points.
As far as personal health is concerned we have learnt some important lessons.
1. Maintain good overall fitness. Do regular exercise irrespective of your age, sex anything. Forgot covid, getting of any disease or its complications will reduce.
2. Do not remain under impression of all is well until the bell rings. After certain age regular health check ups are mandatory. No complaints means no need for regular check ups, could put you in danger. This does not mean that go list of endless list of tests which are being done without Drs Advice as “package directly available” which you may not need.
3. for those who are having some chronic diseases like Hypertension, diabetes, heart disease etc. You must maintain regular follow up as suggested even without you having active issues. This will help in maintain good control of your disease and at the same time early identification of complications of such diseases. So do not miss regular follow up and check up.
4. All must have family physician. Your family doctor is most important for your family,he will serve a guide in the time of emergency. Covid has taught us social medicine, how to trace contacts,protect family members etc,for all this he is very vital person.
5. Maintenance of your health data properly: preferably digitally now in this ear of Digital India.. This is very important. We have seen that patient when admitted alone (as the case with covid), at times are not aware about important past medical history etc.
6. Remote Consultation/Tele Consultations are here and are going to stay. This is convenient way to connect with your doctor, especially for follow up cases.Saves time and money. Make sure prior appointment is taken.
7. Have emergency plan ready: when ever some medical emergency comes in your family what are the steps that needs to be taken, should be known to all. Where to go as first contact point, whom to inform, medical documents ready etc.
8. Do not jump on any information that you get from any source. Before starting such diet/therapy anything do consult suitable expert in the field. There are no miracles happening anywhere. Do not rely upon so called forwards without knowing its authenticity.
Let’s have Happy & Healthy 2021.
Remember to wear mask, maintain social distancing and maintain good hand hygiene.
Wednesday, December 23, 2020
This pandemic has increased use of consulting doctor remotely via telephone/mobile app etc. This was very well in practice it was convenient to patients and people would love to call a dr at their convenience and save time.
Given current scenario this is now widely used and in the safety of all patients and providers and government has also come out with very good guidelines for making it widely used and safe.
Some important points which one needs to take care while consulting doctor remotely.
- Make sure you do not call directly without prior appointment. Doctor might be busy examining other patients and can lead to problems and cause lots of inconvenience also.
- Seek appointment with reception or drop a message before calling. No direct calling.
- share some basic details like your name,age,current medicines and present complain in brief so that doctor is prepared while talking to you. This saves time and one can focus on important aspects which will help in making nearly correct diagnosis and suggest treatment.
- Patient only needs to talk or interact. Patient is the right person who can convey things properly and understand. Only in few cases like kids or very old patients relatives can be involved.
- Do mention very clearly any drug allergy if you have.
- Ask for written prescription to avoid confusion and mistakes later.
- Online/telephonic consultation are chargeable so be clear about charges before initiating a consultation.
- Regular follow up is important in many conditions so take care of doing that.
- Keep useful information handy like blood pressure chart etc
- Keep the conversation short and to the point.