Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Thursday, April 5, 2018
I still remember and cherish memories of vacation that we used to have.
No restrictions, No vacation classes, No study in vacation, No hobby classes, And free roaming around with cousins without wires.
Today vacation has become headache for parents and kids. Lets try to look at the solutions and make this vacation enjoyable for all.
Activities are good and it will keep them occupied and help them learn something creative and innovative but..............
- Every parent wants their kids to fulfill their dreams of activities that they could not do. May it be swimming, playing cricket etc.
- Dear Please remember your kids are not your miniature. They can have different inclination and totally different hobbies and interest.
- Please do not force them or tie them in routine schedule of "another school" that is activity class.
- Promote them to engage in group activities, which makes their sharing and caring skill sharp. In this era of selfishness they must learn joy of giving ,caring and sharing.
- Encourage outdoor activities in early morning and evening.
- Screen-TV,Mobile etc is unavoidable. What ever you do they will hang on it. Just keep an eye on what they are watching or doing and do educate them about using this gadgets and sharing personal information on various websites and social networking sites. Still try to restrict such usage about 1-2 hours a day.
- Play with them some old games,this will give connect and engage them
A big headache in vacation and at times night mare for mothers.
Because when they are free,they will frequently ask for food and that too tasty.
It has been seen and obvious that everyone prefer to have food that is tasty, looking attractive and having good smell.
What to do ?
Try to do some home work, discuss with friends, family and social circle and try to learn something new.
Make sure the things that you make looks and smells good. Plenty of options to find out good recipes now internet and other resources.
Restrict junk food, if they are old enough engage then in cooking.
Let them understand value of food, its importance.
Take them with you for shopping of vegetables,fruits and other things.
Summer is here, so you can offer them variety coolers, juices, butter milk etc and of course plenty of liquids.
Avoid packets,they are attractive, easily available but not good for health. Try to educate them.
Vacation is always good time to visit places. May be relatives or just explore new places.
Make them responsible, take their help in packing,planning and arranging travel.
Let them me do some preliminary survey about places to be visited and learn historic aspects of that place. Young minds are curious , let them be.
During vacation restrict use of mobiles etc. You might also need to avoid temptation of using mobile while enjoying with family. There is no logic of everyone occupied with mobile on vacation.
Vacation is good time finish pending vaccines. When kids grow older there are certain important vaccines are required. Please visit your family doctor, discuss and get them vaccinated .
I hope with this suggestions you have will happy and healthy vacation.
Friday, August 18, 2017
સ્વાઈન ફ્લુ અને સામાજીક જવાબદારી :
સાવચેતી એ જ સલામતી ,બીવું નહિ,સજાગ રહેવું.
1.જાે તમને તાવ, ખાંસી, ગળામાં દુઃખાવો હોય તો qualified ડોક્ટરની સલાહ તાત્કાલિક લો.
2.ઘરગથ્થુ ઉપચાર,ઊટવૈદેા પાસેથી કે દવાની દુકાન પર થી જાતે દવા ના લો.
3.બિમાર વ્યક્તિ એ ભીડમાં જવું ટાળવું .બિમાર બાળક ને શાળામાં ના મોકલવું. 2-4 દિવસ રજા રાખવાથી કઈ ખાટું,માેળું નહિ થાય.
4.ખાંસી કે છીંક ખાતી વખતે મોં ઉપર રૂમાલ રાખવો
5.વારંવાર ચોખ્ખા પાણી થી/સાબુ થી હાથ ધૂઓ. 6.In public places Clean frequently door handles,floor, table top of counters etc. Where there is frequent touching.
7.Please take special care of following person in your surrondings:
A.પાંચ વર્ષ કરતાં નાની ઉંમરના બાળકો
B.65 વર્ષ કરતાં મોટી ઉંમરના લોકો,
C.Heart disease or diabetes. 8.The person who is sick should inform people around him. 9.Discourage visitors,just came to say "કેવી તબીયત છે઼ ? At home and in hospital.Ask well-being on phone. 10. સાચી સમાજ સેવા કરવી હેાય તેા બિમાર સમાજ થી દુર રહે એમા છે.
ગભરાવું નહીં - ચેતવું જરૂર.સમયસર સારવાર જરુરી છે઼. આપણા બધા ના હિત માટે જારી,Dr.Pragnesh Vachharajani. Honorary Secretary,Gujarat State Family Physicians Forum.
Thursday, June 8, 2017
There are chances that on clinical examination patients may look apparently healthy and only clinical examination may not suffice in many of cases.
Monday, May 29, 2017
Friday, May 19, 2017
Wishing all my colleagues and patients a happy family doctors day.
- · He or she understands your social as well medical conditions better than any other specialty.
- · Lots of conditions especially lifestyle diseases require multi pronged approach, a blend of social, medical and psychological aspects, which only family physician can do.
- · Economical yet effective treatment delivery is essential world vide as the cost of treatment are going up due to various uncontrollable factors. That`s the key of effective primary care.
- · Mental health is a really concern in today`s era, stress, anxiety and other mental disorders affect ones productivity and other aspects. A 360 degrees approach is required to manage this and family physician is the person who can do it very effectively.
- · Timely diagnosis and effective referral for life threatening condition is life saving and important to limit the morbitidity (effect on quality of life) and prevent death as far as possible. With limited resources we are doing this.
- · Effective rehabilitation (a totally neglected segment as far as India is concerned) after major illness like cardiac etc. Regular follow up with vigilant eye on medical condition, constant motivation and keeping in loop all the healthcare providers is key for this.
- · Guiding to select the right treatment, helping in taking decisions at a time when patients needs help and confused due to variety of treatment options and fear of unknown and obvious lack of knowledge.
- · Day to day management of minor or seasonal aliments is also important. This is gaining importance as there is indiscriminate use of antibiotics in minor ailments due to ease of availability (lack of knowledge, dispensing without prescription and re use of prescription are main cause) this is led to emergence of antibiotic resistance which is quite dangerous.
- · Most importantly apart from treatment, family physicians gives you time, he listens to you, answer most of your questions patiently which is important for satisfaction on part of patient and relatives.
- · It is seen worldwide that bypassing primary care always results in high treatment expense and many a times low level of satisfaction.
- · Home Care: as the life expectancy has increased and treatment options are effective the management of chronic disease and ageing issues require domiciliary treatment. Effective home care is now becoming very important.
- · When our patients does well after recovering from a serious illness, comes back to us and say few words of gratitude, this makes our day even without monetary gain.
- · When we counsel someone for a social condition like teenage issues or some family disputes etc and they accept our suggestions and family lived happily.(recent example of girl who do not wish to marry due to some misconception in her mind and after engagement family comes with box of sweets)
- · When we treat someone for something trivial or routine aliments at his or her important time of life like important exams, marriage or special occasion or something like that, and do they could do well in that and acknowledge that.
- · When some senior citizens(staying alone or in family & who are always looking for social warmth) come to us and bless us with few words after being treated and feeling better.
- · Being invited at good occasions and our need felt bad times of our family patients.
- · When patients become impatient and visit a specialist directly for a minor aliment on first day or visit a specialist on advise of family member or friend based on their “experience”
- · Parents of a child feel that family physicians are not capable of treating pediatric patients and do routine work like vaccination. (At times they bluntly told us that please manage my child for a day, as my pediatrician in not available today). Family physicians are good for all ages and children are not an exception.
- · After diagnosing a life threatening condition like Heart attack immediately and suggesting a timely referral, the patient and relative do not turn to say just “thank you doctor” after being treated in a corporate hospital. Even God needs appreciation, and then family physicians are humans only. This is not with all but with many.
- · “Just asking “for certificate even without taking treatment.
- · After showing piles of reports and files of 3-4 hospitals (on which they have spend thousands of rupees) for seeking professional opinion on what to do as they are confused , When they are leaving the consulting room, they will ask “Sir, are we supposed to pay anything ? “ Because you are our family doctor.
- · The person who knows everything in the city(like where to eat famous food items etc), very particular in choosing things used in day to day life, takes treatment from a quack or crosspatch even without bothering to know his degree. When you can choose everything perfectly why not a doctor?
- · When the other stake holders of healthcare system like Government do not bother consult us or just meeting our recognized body even once year to discuss about our core area of expertise
- · When the corporate hospitals tries to get patients directly bypassing primary care at all, by various check up schemes etc and not sending patients back for day to day management once admitted there.
- · Not being paid enough. Because of cut throat competition from quacks, cross paths doctors and undercharging specialists and mindset of society of asking some causal consultations for free or taking things for granted. Everyone has right to leave good life, everyone has right to dream and to have basic comforts of life. Why expecting charity from us only?
- · Family practice in phase of complete transformation. Newer generation family practice will completely changed with effective primary care, more treatment options for patients in their vicinity and more range of service at family physicians clinic.
- · Technology like virtual visits, online consultation will increase so patients can consult or contact doctor at their comfort.
- · One stop shop for all primary care needs like pharmacy, blood investigations, home care, medical equipments etc.
- · Completely coordinated care with super specialist for chronic disease like Heart disease, diabetes, cancer etc.